Thursday, June 28, 2012

Shock horror!



Pretty, isn't it? A cheap, homemade tool to dismantle my replacement shocks.



My replacement shocks. One of the old shock's mounting tabs had been busted, so I grabbed a cheap replacement set on ebay, which came to me with flaked paint, caked mud, and rust spots. I'll do a bit of scrubbing...





So this is the kind of thing that I've been doing lately - just taking things apart, cleaning them up, getting some parts ready for paint. I could have left these as they were, but besides splitting the engine block, I want to play around and get to know as many parts as I can. As long as I have the bike this far apart, it seems silly to not take care of these now.

These will probably see some silver paint for protection, but I reassembled them so I could pat myself on the back a bit, and familiarize myself (play) with my homemade spring compressor.


1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. Never change.

    (Am I allowed to comment here?)

    ReplyDelete